Mr. Jacobson began his legal career clerking for the Honorable Darla S. Williamson, Fourth Judicial District, State of Idaho. Following clerkship, Mr. Jacobson joined the firm of Sasser & Inglis, P.C. as an associate, and later became a partner in the firm of Jacobson & Jacobson, PLLC. He currently practices law as the managing partner of Sasser & Jacobson, PLLC.
While in law school, Mr. Jacobson interned in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Idaho, where he co-authored briefing submitted to an en banc panel of the Ninth Circuit. Mr. Jacobson was a student editor of an on-line international law publication entitled The German Law Journal, which is edited by Washington and Lee School of Law Professor Russell Miller.
Mr. Jacobson is the author of Through the Looking Glass: Sustainable Development and Other Emerging Concepts of International Environmental Law in Gabcikovo-Nagymaros Case and the Trial Smelter Arbitration published in Transboundary Harm in International Law: Lessons from the Trail Smelter Arbitration, Cambridge University Press (2006).
Mr. Jacobson has represented large and small corporations, as well as individuals in various business and litigation matters.
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Formations and Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Buy/Sell Agreements and Stock Transfer Agreements
- Corporate Litigation and Shareholder Derivative Actions
- Contract Drafting and Review
- Intellectual Property Protection and Litigation
- Employment Law
- Insurance Coverage and Disputes
- Personal Injury and Tort Litigation
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Family Law
- Idaho Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Past president of J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Past board member for the Idaho Business Council, Inc.
- Law School: University of Idaho, J.D. 2004
- Brigham Young University, B.A. English
- Idaho State Bar
- Utah State Bar
- United States District Court of Idaho
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Mr. Jacobson is a devoted husband and father that enjoys returning to Norway with his family where he lived during his twenties. He has a favorite quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson to keep in mind while working late, “That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to do has increased.
- Granny’s Alliance Holdings, Inc.
- System Tech, Inc.
- Great American Appetizers, Inc.
- Integrated Solutions and Designs, Inc.
- NxEdge, Inc.
- Kencove Farm Fence Co.
- Window Wizard, Inc.
- Brockett Co.